John and I were enjoying a nice leisurely morning this morning when we heard Nate and the girls talking about the laundry and how happy Mommy was going to be. I quickly went to see what was going on. He had started a load of laundry all by himself for the first time ever and all of the kids were watching his handiwork (staring at the washer in awe).
I went back into my bedroom to make the bed and suddenly started worrying about what else he had in mind for today. When I went back downstairs the smell of Palmolive was overpowering. Apparently while they were in the laundry room they noticed that the floor wasn't clean and they decided to clean it. They had gotten a load of laundry out of the dryer and it was spread all over Nicole's floor. The dining room was their next target. All of the chairs were piled in another room, the carpet was rolled up, and the vacuum cleaner was standing right where they left it in the middle of the living room.
We shooed them outside while we finished up all of their half finished (or just started) jobs. Guess what they worked on next?!! You guessed it! The van. Everything from the van was spread all over the entry way (which I had just cleaned), the yard, and the garage. So, I ended up cleaning everything up to get it back to where it was yesterday (in 100 degree heat with no a/c), and cleaning and vacuuming the van. I guess they do get credit for at least trying to help and getting me to jumpstart the cleaning effort!
Sunday, June 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Heck! Why did you stop them? I would have let work until their hearts were content :-) You don't stop a good thing from happening... lol...
Post a Comment