Okay, so I avoided talking about it yesterday, but the condo we rented SUCKED! It was filthy! The bathroom hadn't been cleaned in years, the floor was a grimy black, the toilet was disgusting, and the carpets around the toilets had little bits of, well lets just say stuff on them. Mom cleaned the countertop in the kitchen and the rag turned black. We didn't even try to tackle the floors. The condo concept was good, and if it were clean it would have been perfect. I woke up at 1:30am this morning and noticed a few very questionable people hanging around our van. Remember my little van break-in last month? I was petrified that it would happen again. I stayed up practically all night watching them to make sure they didn't touch Betsy!
I called Expedia first thing this morning and got their okay for a full refund for the condo. Then I booked a two bedroom, two bathroom penthouse suite at Marriott Residence Inn for just a little more than I paid for the condo. It is gorgeous! It has a pool, free hot breakfast, free hot appetizers and food at night, and a cocktail hour with wine and beer. I guess it was a learning experience and I guarantee I will never make the same mistake.
After all the drama this morning our day was spent in relatively relaxing activities. We went to the beach and let the kids play in the sand while Mom and I relaxed.
Then we checked in at the new hotel and threw them in the pool to play until they could barely move. We fed them, bathed them, and tucked them into bed after a big day. What a wonderful day it turned out to be! I owe the Marriott big time for getting us in on such short notice! They even presented us with a nice welcome basket with tons of goodies in it to try to turnaround our day! I would recommend that hotel chain in a heartbeat! Tomorrow we're off to the zoo.
I called Expedia first thing this morning and got their okay for a full refund for the condo. Then I booked a two bedroom, two bathroom penthouse suite at Marriott Residence Inn for just a little more than I paid for the condo. It is gorgeous! It has a pool, free hot breakfast, free hot appetizers and food at night, and a cocktail hour with wine and beer. I guess it was a learning experience and I guarantee I will never make the same mistake.
After all the drama this morning our day was spent in relatively relaxing activities. We went to the beach and let the kids play in the sand while Mom and I relaxed.

1 comment:
It sounds like you are having a wonderful trip! The condo adventure sucks, but what would a vacation be without an adventure or two?
Love you and miss you. Keep on having fun!
Post a Comment