Nate was such a good salesman, and a good sport. Whether the customers at the store ignored him, berated him, or praised him, he thanked them with dignity and told them that he hoped they had a wonderful day. He understood that some people couldn't afford and/or didn't choose to buy popcorn, and that we couldn't judge them just on whether or not they bought our popcorn. He served everyone with a smile and enjoyed every moment of it. What a great Cub Scout! The other boy in my picture is a younger brother of a Cub Scout in Nate's den (and his class) who was busily working on the previously mentioned HUGE homework assignment for Monday and couldn't help that day.
One final note: There was a Salvation Army collection person sitting right next to us that kept reminding people to support the Cub Scouts. He was a huge help to getting people to buy popcorn. They would stop in their tracks, turn right back around, and listen to Nate's pitch with a smile. I can't believe I didn't get a picture of him, but we owe him big time. We enjoyed chatting and working with him!

1 comment:
I am so proud of him! I know he did an amazing job, and hung in there when others did not bother. Tell Nate we said he did a great job.
Post a Comment