Wednesday, January 28, 2009

25 Random Things...

I've been wanting to do this for a few days now, but just never seem to have the time. Here goes:

1. I feel so lucky to have such a great family! I have three kids that are the cutest kids on the planet and a wonderful husband who is still my best friend after 20 years of marriage.
2. I've lived in eight different states throughout my life and I've found that the one I live in now is my favorite:)
3. I have two older sisters and a twin brother. One sister and my brother still live close to where we grew up. The other sister has temporarily moved to Singapore. We're still pretty close for having been separated for so long.
4. I love hiking, camping, and playing on the beach with my family. That might be one reason I love this state since there is plenty of opportunity for all three of those activities.
5. I am so busy that I don't even have a moment to breathe without three kids asking me why I'm doing it.
6. My kids are growing up way too fast! It seems like just yesterday that I found out I was having my first (which was 11 years ago next month!), and I can remember my preemies being so little and vulnerable that I was scared to touch them! Now they are the tallest in their respective classes.
7. Because I am so very busy, I don't have much time for ME!
8. I love taking pictures of my family, the scenery, and just anything in general. I don't generally do much with the pictures, but I still love taking them.
9. I miss my mom! I keep thinking that I need to tell her something and then I remember she's gone and I'm crushed.
10. I miss my big sister being here in the states. I know I can still talk to her but it's just not the same as being able to reach her in at least the neighborhood of the same time zone.
11. I love writing on this blog, but like many other things in my life, I don't have much time for it.
12. My family and I just started having a Wii Family Game Night every Friday night and we LOVE it! The kids wait with much anticipation for Friday nights and they are on their best behavior at school so they can participate.
13. Now that the kids are a little older and more self sufficient, my husband and I are trying to figure out a way to make more time for us. We're trying to plan a trip away, we have date night once a week at home and less frequently out, and we're just trying to make more time for each other every day.
14. My day begins with a bang at 6am every morning, and I don't stop running until 11pm at night. Does everyone else have such busy days?
15. I make lists every day of what needs to be done and promptly lose them.
16. My son is much smarter than me. That scares me!
17. I have a difficult time disrupting the routine of our house, which means that the kids don't have as many playdates or sleepovers as they would like.
18. My best friends still all go to the kids' old school. Most days I feel very alone at the school the kids go to now. I know it's the best school for them but I'm not sure it's the best school for me:(
19. I love that my kids are involved in Scouting. The girls are really making lots of new friends since they started in Brownies this year, and Nate enjoys being a part of the Cub Scout group. The activities they get to do are amazing!
20. I love to read, but like many other activities on this list I don't have much time for it.
21. My house is constantly in a state of disarray as we prepare for a new home improvement project. I'm looking forward to the day that we can say IT'S DONE! We are making progress, but still not quite there...
22. I love being home with the kids and being able to participate in fun activities, vacations, and moments with them.
23. I'm starting to lose momentum! This is harder than it looks.
24. The amount of laundry my family creates is amazing. I could do a load a laundry a day all week and still not get it all done.
25. I love being able to share these random things with my friends and family.

I hope this works. I spent way too much time on this activity. Now I'm late!!!

1 comment:

cajunsis said...

It worked :-) Loved learning more about you - and I miss you too.