Thursday, January 22, 2009

Does life ever slow down???

This has been such a busy week again! Last weekend the girls tried to have a tea party with a friend at our local tea house, only to find out that it had been booked for a private party (they could have told me when I called!). We ended up taking them out to Olive Garden, which wasn't quite the same but still fun. Nate worked on his Pinewood Derby car while we were out with the girls and then I came home and picked him up to go to the park because it was a gorgeous (very cold!) day.

On Monday, Nate went to a friend's house for a play date, and I took the girls to the beach to meet their best friend. Tuesday was a day for me - I went out to breakfast with my MIL, left the van for an oil change, returned a few things, then returned to pick the van up. Wednesday was a full day too - I went out to lunch with a friend which took up most of the day. Today was my day to go to the dentist (yuck!) and more returns in frigid weather.

Our nightly activities included Speech Therapy, Brownies, Cub Scout Pinewood Derby, tonight is Bingo night, and tomorrow, well who really knows??? It's an exciting life I lead I'll tell you. I don't know how parents who both work actually get anything done!

3 comments:

Cajunrose said...

No, it never slows down I think. I'm home all day and so is Raelee...yet we never seem to be home at all!

cajunsis said...

Stay at home mom's do more than working moms - I don't care what anyone says. Working moms usually say they work all day we can't do scouts... gymnastics... playdates...

If you were only paid on the jobs you do you would be rich. Been there - got that t-shirt. I didn't have parents close by to even try to help. I wish we had rethought that whole process. *sigh*

cajunsis said...

Now THAT is a nice looking car! Good luck!