The kids started school yesterday. I put them on the bus, then raced them back to the school. I couldn't actually get into the parking lot though because of all those other crazy moms following their kids:) I parked two blocks away and sprinted over to the school just in time for the last bell to ring. I hugged and kissed both girls (Nicole was embarassed, but Amanda loved it!), then went over to see Nate and he wouldn't even look at me! He's growing up so fast!
They all LOVE their teachers and the school did a really good job of placing them in the best classes for them. Nate has a really nice 4th grade Summit teacher who really wants to help him be the best student he can possibly be. I had requested a different 4th grade teacher who now teaches a 4th/5th split. I'm glad he's not in that class. There are only 4 kids from the old class in that one and he would have felt very isolated.
Amanda has all of her old friends and even some of Nicole's in class with her. She has a really nice soft hearted teacher who will really give her the attention she craves. Nicole has the neighbor girl, her little bus friend, and several kids she's always wanted to get to know better. She has the two teacher team and they really push the kids hard. She's excited about her class and is open to the teachers' challenge.
You might ask what Mommy is doing? I'm enjoying driving Sophie all over town getting errands done that should have been done months ago! I even unpacked from the camping trip. I've worked my way down the piles in the house to the California mess and I'm working on that now. I went to breakfast with Geri yesterday, ate breakfast at the doughnut shop this morning (just this once I promise!), and I'm going to go to lunch with a friend next week. I'm really loving the complete and utter silence in the van. No kids, no radio, no TV, just me and Sophie. After months of constant mayhem, PEACE...
Thursday, September 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I remember years ago when the kids went back to school, Sara came over and knocked. She opened the door, it was pitch black and I was sitting on the sofa. She said "what are you doing?" I said "listening". She stopped a minute and listened. She said "to what?" I said "exactly!" We both giggled. Kids going back to school was nice.
I am right there with ya and understand. Enjoy the peace and freedom and lack of chaos.
Post a Comment