Tuesday, September 9, 2008

A busy day...

Today I took Amanda and Nicole to the eye doctor. That doctor we saw is a specialist that checks every nook and cranny of the eye and makes the girls play lots of fun games to check out how their eyes work together and separate. They tested Amanda first, and found that her eyes don't work together very well at all. She has something called inefficient binocularity (eye teaming), inefficient tracking (the ability to follow a moving object smoothly and accurately with both eyes), and inefficient focusing range and flexibility (the ability to focus from near to far and to do it quickly and accurately). She will need special glasses for reading and desk work to get started on her therapy, and then continuing vision therapy for a few months at least. She's super excited about getting glasses! She's hounding me every day to go get it done but I'm waiting for the weekend.

Nicole on the other hand didn't really have much trouble at all. She got perfect scores on all but depth perception. That is pretty normal for kids her age though, according to the doctor. All in all, it was definitely worth the visit to the eye doctor.

On the way home, Sophie started lighting up indicators like it was Christmas. I panicked and stopped at a red light, turned off the ignition, and started it back up and everything appeared to be fine. Until the next hill, then all the indicators lit up and did not turn back off again this time. I scheduled a visit to her doctor (the dealership) for tomorrow. We'll see what they say I guess. She only has 400 miles on her. She can't get sick yet!

2 comments:

cajunsis said...

I am so glad you took the girls in to get checked! Amanda will not knwo what to do when she can see really well. Remember when Steph got her glasses? She wouldn't take them off at night :-(

Yay Nicole! No glasses and perception is always a woman's problem ;-)

I hope Sophie gets better right away. Probably something stupidly simple.

surprisetriplets said...

Remember how cute Steph looked with her big eyes shining through the glasses? That's what Amanda looks like! Yes, I will post pictures as soon as I get three seconds to do it. What a busy week!